Frequently Asked Questions
- How to register on this site and manage your volunteer account
- How to search and sign up for volunteer opportunities
- How to create and manage a volunteer team
- Do I have to have an e-mail address to register?
- I am a court-ordered volunteer. How do I get started? How do I find appropriate volunteer opportunties? How do I get a letter verifying my hours?
- I want to volunteer with my group. How do we get started? How do we find appropriate volunteer opportunities?
- I am a youth volunteer. How do I get started? How old do I have to be to register on this website? Why don't I see the button to sign up or express interest in a project?
- I want to volunteer with my family. How do we get started? How do we find appropriate volunteer opportunities?
Yes. Our website uses your e-mail address to identify you and send you important information about any opportuntiies you sign up for. If you do not have an e-mail account, you can get one free of charge from www.yahoo.com, www.gmail.com, or www.hotmail.com. Free internet access is also available from most public libraries.
SOON, we will have a Court-Ordered Volunteers resource page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
SOON, we will have a Group Volunteers resource page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
SOON, we will have a Youth and Family Volunteer resource page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
SOON, we will have the Youth and Family Volunteer resource page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
- I forgot my username. How do I retrieve that information?
- I forgot my password. How do I retrieve that information?
- I have been waitlisted for a project. Now what?
- My hours are not accurate. Why is my service not showing up?
It should be your e-mail address. If that does not work, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Volunteer Tulsa representive should be in contact with you within 3 to 5 business days.
Click the "LOGIN" button on the top right of the home page. Enter your username and click "Forgot password?" an e-mail with a temporary password will be sent to you.
When (and if) a space opens up, you will be notified via e-mail. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis so if you are still available and interested for the volunteer opportunity, make sure you login, return to the sign-in page and claim one of the open spaces. DO NOT JUST SHOW UP FOR THE PROJECT.
In our new system, self-reported hours were not transferred over so it may show less than what you had before. Currently, there is no option to self-report hours you have completed through another community organization. Volunteer Tulsa's database only tracks service time from opportunities that were managed by us and Partner Organizations.
If you have a question(s) not answered on this page, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- How do I partner with Volunteer Tulsa?
- I have just become a Volunteer Tulsa partner. How do I learn more?
- How do I post volunteer opportunities on Volunteer Tulsa's website?
- I just submitted my volunteer opportunity submission. Why hasn't it shown up on the website yet?
- How will volunteers express interest in my opportunity?
- I have received a notice that my organization's project(s) are expiring. What should I do?
Check out our page For Organizations on how to become a Partner, which includes information about the benefits of Volunteer Tulsa partnership and the Community Organization Registration Packet to download. Partner Organizations must renew on an annual basis. Once your organization is registered, you will be granted access to our partner portal and will be able to post volunteer opportunities and manage your volunteers.
You can learn more about how to best support your volunteer programs through our ongoing trainings, which include Partner Orientation for community organizations, monthly Community Volunteer Council, webinars and more.
To post volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Tulsa's website, you need to first be registered with Volunteer Tulsa. If you are already a current Partner, please participate in the next Partner Orientation for details on partnership and posting projects, recruiting volunteers, and managing opportunities.
We have staff and trained volunteers approving projects. You will receive an e-mail notice once the project has been approved and posted. If it has not shown up on volunteertulsa.org within three business days, please contact us.
The Volunteer Tulsa website functions as a search engine for volunteer opportunities. Volunteers can search for opportunities based on location, interest and skills. When a volunteer expresses interest in a project, both the project contact and the volunteer will receive each other's contact information. We highly recommend that the organization's staff contact the volunteer immediately--within 24 hours--and no later than 3 business days. Volunteer Tulsa also tracks volunteer feedback to ensure that the process works smoothly and to learn more from the experience.
The e-mail will include a prompt to update your opportunity. However, you will also receive this notice about projects when your organization's partnership is expiring.
Need us to answer a question that is not included on this page?
Please check out our resources links, call us at 918.447.1888, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.